CluttercoreWide Leg DenimY2K RevivalPersonalized Fashion

The Most Interesting Thing You Can Do With Your Dad’s Old Tie

That burgundy silk tie cinched around my waist instead of a boring leather belt is the only way I'm wearing jeans now. I'm done with simple. I want my outfit to look like I have a dozen hobbies and a very busy schedule.

Why I'm Obsessed With The Tie-As-A-Belt Hack and Massive Denim

The Vibe

This white button-down is so tight it actually creates a shape. Then, those jeans. They are huge. Puddle-on-the-floor huge. I used a burgundy tie as a belt because leather felt too safe. I added my ID badge and some gold trinkets to the belt loops for that 'I just came from somewhere important' vibe.

The Key Pieces

Puddle Jeans
Cinched Button-Down
Striped Silk Tie
Sunburst Necklace
White Platform Sneakers

Why It Actually Works

It works. Seriously. The tiny shirt/big pants formula is a classic for a reason, but the accessories make it weird. Weird is good. That tie adds a dark, academic weight to the washed-out denim. It feels like you stole it from a boyfriend you're about to dump.

Where I'd Wear This
Browsing used bookstores for hours
Record shopping on a Tuesday afternoon
A casual dinner where you want to out-style everyone

My Styling Rules

  • Ditch the leather belt and use a vintage tie or even a shoelace for a bit of grit.
  • Clip your keys or random trinkets to your belt loops to add some 'clutter' to your look.
  • Keep the shirt fitted or cropped to balance out the extreme volume on the bottom.

Shop The Inspiration

Discover tailored selections and matching pieces to easily adapt this exact luxury aesthetic on Amazon.

Shop On Amazon
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. When you click through links in this editorial and make a purchase, it supports our work at no additional expense to you.

Post a Comment

0 Comments